Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Episode 2

Back again.

I'm kind of surprised, here on my second day of blogging, that my problem is having too many things to talk about and having difficulty picking one of 'em, rather than not having anything to say at all.

The main thing on my mind at the moment is, of course, getting the MMO done. I've just completed a first pass on the NPC combat stats, and drawn the basic player character shapes (not including the custom paperdoll stuff yet). My next task is to complete a whole set of... um... things for the map that I can't say exactly what they are yet without giving away a bit more than I want to. Brian, who's responsible both for the map and for getting combat working, needs these thingies in order to complete some very crucial parts of the map: key places of interest that will be central to the game play.

How's that for vague? I feel like I should reveal a little bit more. So, here's another tidbit: we're tackling a genre that has never been done as an MMO before.

Ooooh! Exciting.

Our next major goal is to get combat working, so we can test the combat system I designed and get a feel for how the game will actually play. I'll talk more about the combat system in a future episode.

-Jeff Dee

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Gughunter said...

> we're tackling a genre that has never been done as an MMO before.

Hmm, the plot thickens... I'll put my money on "Early-19th-century comedy of manners."

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

How much money are we talkin'? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home