Friday, May 08, 2009

Episode 5

I saw Star Trek last night. Didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. I attribute this, in part, to me reading too many over-the-top glowingly positive reviews.

I *was* impressed with the fact that they had me believing these new actors were those old characters. Kudos on that.

On the downside, the whole story is extremely rushed - from warp drive that can apparently get a starship from Earth to Vulcan in a matter of *seconds*, to romances between unlikely characters that also occur almost instantly, with no prior development.

I haven't heard anything about a 4-hour director's cut of this film, but if there is one, I'd like to see it. Maybe it would flow more naturally.

I think I just prefer longer, more fully realized stories to epics crammed into 2 hours. So I wish this reincarnation of Trek had taken place on the small screen.

Episode 5, eh? This is fun.

-Jeff Dee

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Ing said...

I don't get why people dislike "long" movies. You're shelling out 10 bucks to see it...for that price I damn well expect free-refills on my soda (and I drink like a camel), a short prior, an old retro news real, at least 3 hours of film or 2 double features and some hidden scenes post credits or a blooper reel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home