Saturday, May 09, 2009

Episode 6

Short one today. I'm developing a cold, and on top of it my poor lil doogy has to go see Mr. Vet. Believe me, you don't want any more details than that.

I received my first piece of junk mail addressed to the new company we're forming around the Semi-Secret MMO. Which is exciting, but also mysterious, because I didn't think the incorporation papers were even filed yet, which is why I haven't announced the company name to you folks. I'll check with the lawyer, but my hunch is that the name of the company was leaked to junk-mail marketers by GoDaddy.com, through whom we've reserved the domain where our web site is gonna live.

Gonna take it easy today, apart from seeing the vet. Maybe I'll catch up on my TV shows on Hulu - I'm a couple episodes behind on Dollhouse, Kings and Fringe.

Thanks for reading!
-Jeff Dee

7 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Patrick Kelley said...

This does not pertain to this post, but I couldn't find a private message or contact button anywhere on your page.

I was watching the atheist experience on youtube, and you mentioned something about how a recent discovery in quantum mechanics had eliminated one of the last hiding places for free will. Could you point me to the work that you were citing? I'm trying to get a rock solid grasp of this subject matter.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're missing a pretty freaking awesome appearance by Alan "Wash" Tudyk, unless you have seen the next to last episode by now. I haven't seen the finale yet because I promised to wait until Keryn's ready, but the one before that was a great teaser.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

There's an article here:

http://www.physorg.com/news155904395.html

Of course *randomness*, quantum or otherwise, does not solve the 'free will' problem:

"...if an action is taken due to quantum randomness, this in itself would mean that traditional free will is absent, since such action cannot be controllable by a physical being claiming to possess such free will."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

For the record, I am a 'compatibilist', of the Daniel Dennett type.

-Jeff Dee

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

Kazim, I assume that you are referring to one of the three TV shows I mentioned? Dollhouse, probably, because of the Tudyk/Whedon connection?

-Jeff Dee

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Alan Tudyk showed up on the season's final episodes of Dollhouse, and he was quite good. I won't tell you anything else about it, though.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

Awesome! Gonna watch it was soon as I can find a free hour...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home