Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Re-Creating art from Queen of the Demonweb Pits!!

I have launched my new Kickstarter project, to re-create my drawings from AD&D module Q1 "Queen of the Demonweb Pits" - which were destroyed years ago (thrown in a dumpster, they tell me) along with almost every other original piece of art I created during my time at TSR Hobbies. Please take a look, and help me make this happen! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffdee/re-creating-my-art-from-q1-queen-of-the-demonweb-p

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Charles InSanDiego said...

Jeff, I have my copy of Deities and Demigods open before me. Sadly, my original copy, which included the Kool-ass Lovecraftiana and Moorcockness was loved to death in the 1980's. :(

I was pleasantly surprised to find you on the ACA podcasts, and as an old-school gamer I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your artwork. One question: I worked in a game store in San Diego from 1981 to 1985, and trafficked in all the classic TSR stuff. I was 16 in 1981. I'm looking at your photos on your blog and the Non-Prophets iTunes image. I'm guessing that you were about 12 years old, and extremely talented, in 1981, or you are just really well-preserved. Either way, please take it as a compliment, and let me know which of my guesses is closer to the truth.

Love your shows,

Charles In San Diego

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

I started at TSR just before I turned 19, Charles. I may be well-preserved, but like everyone, the mileage takes its toll :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Eye Poker said...

You, Erol Otus and Bill Willingham really made those books and modules magical.

My vote goes for making the continuing adventures of Morgan Ironwolf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home