Monday, May 11, 2009

Episode 8: Why am I numbering these?

So, why am I bothering to number my blog posts sequentially? Several reasons.

1) If you recall, I'm trying to get into the habit of posting every day. Numbering 'em is part of my effort to cement the habit in my brain, kinda like counting breaths 1 to 4 repeatedly to meditate.

2) I'll have an excuse to celebrate every time I get to one of those big round numbers that we 10-fingered hominids seem so excited about. Hey! Post number 10 is right around the corner! We shall have to throw a little party.

3) Ease of reference. A year from now, you'll be able to reference this post by specifying "blog post #8", instead of having to vaguely refer to "that one time when Jeff Dee wrote that crazy shit about why he was numbering these things".

4) I can't help myself, because I am extremely anal. I mean good grief, I even numbered the reasons why I number my blog posts! What the hell is wrong with me?

-Jeff Dee

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Juju said...

What language are you writing the MMO in? And are you writing up an overall project plan, or are you just going for it?

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Jeff Dee said...

The Semi-Secret MMO Project uses the Elderlands engine, about which you can find some more info here:

www.elderlands.com

The few changes we need to the engine are being implemented by its creator, Jason Ely. Brian will be using the built-in scripting language called Ooz, which is related to C.

-Jeff Dee

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a total dork. I kinda wish I still had that level of interest and proficiency in dorkness. Now that I'm almost 40 I think I'm probably better described as a grumpy asshole, but at least I don't believe in fairies. You are one of my favorites on AETV, by the way. Don't let it go to your head or I'll take it back. I'm adding this to my RSS reader. No pressure or anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home