Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Episode 9: A Waste of Breasts

Human beings have a lifespan of up around 120 years, tops. Most of us don't make it past our 70's. So explain this to me: what is the point of spending several months of that precious limited time talking about Miss California USA, Carrie Prejean? Don't we have much more important things to discuss like, oh I dunno, curing cancer and feeding starving people around the world? Solving global warming? Putting a permanent human colony on the moon? How about extending human lifespan, so we'll have time to waste on trivialities like whether Miss California USA is a homophobic bigot who lied about having taken topless photos?

And that's all that I have to say about that. Ever.

-Jeff Dee

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Juju said...

Because laughing at stupid people is fun?

Plus, she represents the views of a good percentage of the population. These people need a voice! Carrie Prejean is that voice.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Cami said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Cami said...

I agree with Juju, it's schadenfreude! She makes our lives much better!

...not that I'm spending my time with those people, especially since I don't live in the US.

(stupid typo made me delete the previous comment, which was the same as this :P)

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Ing said...

Personally I think it highlights the damn stupidity of the Miss American pageant. as John Stewart observed it was created by Donald Trump, more or less so he could find hot girls to bang.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home