Saturday, May 16, 2009

Episode 13

Had a pretty good birthday yesterday. Thanks all of you who sent birthday greetings. I treated myself to lunch at Mimi's Cafe, where they give you a complimentary muffin with any salad order. Yum. Then it was off to the dog park in Round Rock with my puppy. We normally do this every week, but we skipped last week cuz I had a cold. When we don't go every week, his little paw pads soften up - and so when he gets to the dog park and runs around like a lunatic, he gets blisters. Poor puppy!

My partner (I say 'partner' instead of 'wife' because I think 'wife' is condescending and sexist) took me to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, where they were kind enough to serve us quickly so we could hurry off to our movie on time. The movie was 'Angels & Demons', which I have to say was a major disappointment. And not just because the Vatican fails to get blown up by an anti-matter bomb. No, seriously, it was simply nowhere near interesting or well-made as DaVinci Code.

I'll be on The Atheist Experience tomorrow, with Matt Dillahunty. Last week Russell Glasser and Matt Wagner were on. Near the end of the show, they had a caller who said, "I know this won't mean anything to you, but I just want to tell you that God loves you." To which Russell replied, "We know it means something to you, so thank you." Wrong answer, in my opinion. The guy said he'd call back; if he does, I'll be happy to give what I think is the appropriate response.

-Jeff Dee

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at the Vatican comment. I am still developing as an atheist, so I don't yet have your conviction regarding the "God loves you" type comments, although watching you blast a caller recently about why you are angry with Christians has me thinking that you are my best representative on the show.
I recently came out to my mother. She was totally cool with it. I was so shocked. There are certainly people who value their religion more than their children, but I encourage people to consider just how heartless they think their parents really are. My father and brother will be getting the news soon and then I will be totally free. You guys on AETV have had a lot to do with it. Thank you very much. I will probably call in to the show after all the fireworks (if there are any) to share my experience. I also have some questions that I would like some irate Christian callers to answer.
Just in case you haven't been properly appreciated recently, thank YOU, Jeff Dee.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a complimentary cookie with my salad sandwich order yesterday...and left the cookie behind uneaten. Gutted.

I remember watching that Atheist Experience episode live and thinking "Jeff would have had a thing or two to say here", hope he calls back :D I would too.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Darren Cubitt said...

After reading that last paragraph, I can't wait for this weeks show.

Give 'em hell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home